Pentax Is the Pentax K-5 small enough to be a "Small DSLR Forum" camera?

Great pictures Amin and a lovely looking "young man"! I think I'll be looking for a 70'ish lens next. I think I'll keep the k5 too! The fact that we have so many cameras proves that there still is no one camera that fills our exacting criteria LOL!!!

Like BB says though, I think I just have GAS. Tons of it!! And no charcoal tablets can help me!

Armanius, I was just playing with the GH2 and I noticed the little artist's palette emblem on the selection wheel on the top right of the cam underneath the red iA notch. This leads into some jpeg only processing type things of which one is called Silhouette. There are a few other to be played with also :)

I know what you mean about being paranoid about focus! I just got that used Siggy (17-70mm) and I can't stop zooming in 100% to check focus. It's as if I've got some kind of new addiction like LBA, FCA maybe? (focus checking addiction?) My theory is that the jacket looks more in focus that the face, because peoples faces tend to be smoother (epecially children) and have less detail than objects like the jacket

Amin you're setting off my LBA on the DA70 :(

Amin, very nice depth of colors. Creamy bokeh too, except on the last photo. But that's to be expected with the all the braches so close to each other. Were these JPG's or RAW?

One cool thing about the K-5 (and maybe other cameras also have this feature) is allowing for change of profiles (natural, vivid, muted, etc...) on the photo after the photo is taken. Can also apply the filters after the photo is taken.

I am still a bit confused as to what makes it a "profile" vs. a "filter."

Maybe a slight front focus on the 2nd photo? The jacket seems to be more on focus than the face. Or is that back focus. Aargh. Just me being paranoid!

I'm puzzled about what qualifies as a serious compact. If the K5 is one, then why not the D7000? I have not seen them side-by-side, so what do those with experience think about the line between compact and . . . .?

When I look at the older thread about what makes a serious compact, there is this highly subjective element that seems to say that it is compact if the user thinks it is compact. Since this is basically a social network site I see no problem with a criteria like that. However, I do not use the D7000 because it is compact. To me it is not. I like that it is lighter than the D700, but I use it due to its quality, band name reliability and the fact that I have already a lot of Nikon lenses. So I will not introduce the D7000 into these threads as a compact. I think that is a stretch. Thanks for the input.

Back