Isn't she lovely?

Discussion in 'Film Camera Forum' started by Amin Sabet, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    My new old Bessa R3A:

7662359884_085a102572_c.
    P7280064 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

I had this combo a while ago and made the mistake of selling it. I thought the Zeiss Ikon ZM would be an upgrade, but it turns out I missed the Bessa. The Nokton too is one of my favorite lenses ever. Great to have them both back!

• Like Like x 9
  2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    VERY nice. When I was in NYC last Spring, I saw 3 or 4 folks walking around with these older Voigtlander RF bodies - first time I'd ever seen 'em in the flesh.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Congrats on that beauty, Amin. I owned one for a week. I loved the feel of it in hand, but just can't adjust my thinking to film. I just got an X-Pro1 and it's close to the spirit of the Bessa (without the rangefinder focusing which I miss). I think someone really should make a digital Bessa. If they could make and sell it for around $2000, I'd think they could sell a boatload.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Excellent.

You can buy these brand-new Ray ... and Luke, ever looked at an RD-1? There are remarkable similarities ...

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

preeeeeeetty!

6. Phoenix

Phoenix SC Top Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Absolutely beautiful. This is the kind of combo that I'd probably just stroke silently in the dark :laugh1:

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Paul, I have looked at the Epson...I believe Bessa helped them make it. It's great for what it is, but I'm spoiled by modern sensor technology. I don;t want a 6MP camera that is noisy above ISO400 (or whatever the specs are) for $2,000. I'm sure sooner or later, someone WILL make that camera again.

And Phoenix will be doing tawdry things to do it.

8. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    nah mate I wasn't suggesting you buy one, just that Cosina made the body and mechanicals .
    I'd have one though if it were 50 quid and brand new

and I agree - we must all eschew the tawdry

9. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    Very nice, but lately and even though I still have my fairly modern Contax G2 system, which I used to love before my XPro showed up, still. When it comes to film I only seem to have a fondness for old rangefinders from the 50's and 60s for shooting film. The funny thing is back in the time of their biggest popularity, I only liked shooting with SLRs, funny how we change.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    Vow, I want one also but I don't think I want to play with film anymore. I think I still have one roll somewhere. Camera/lens look brand new. I see that nokton prices are up lately in Keh since they are no more produced. Enjoy your new camera/lens:)

11. flash

flash SC Veteran

May 6, 2011
    Gordon
    Congrats Amin. Especially on the lens choice. The Nokton LTM has to be one of the most underestimated and undervalued rangefinder lenses of all time. Those whove shot with one know how good it really is. Mine is almost glued to my M9.

Enjoy the new baby.

Gordon

12. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Someone stick a full frame sensor in the Bessa already!

13. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Lovely purchase Amin. I've been among the people calling for a digital Bessa for some time. If I'm not mistaken, Fuji actually makes these cameras. And given the company's X100 and X-Pro, how difficult could it be to create a digital Bessa? Enjoy, Amin!