Film Isn't she lovely?

Congrats on that beauty, Amin. I owned one for a week. I loved the feel of it in hand, but just can't adjust my thinking to film. I just got an X-Pro1 and it's close to the spirit of the Bessa (without the rangefinder focusing which I miss). I think someone really should make a digital Bessa. If they could make and sell it for around $2000, I'd think they could sell a boatload.

Excellent.

You can buy these brand-new Ray ... and Luke, ever looked at an RD-1? There are remarkable similarities ...

Paul, I have looked at the Epson...I believe Bessa helped them make it. It's great for what it is, but I'm spoiled by modern sensor technology. I don;t want a 6MP camera that is noisy above ISO400 (or whatever the specs are) for $2,000. I'm sure sooner or later, someone WILL make that camera again.

And Phoenix will be doing tawdry things to do it.

nah mate I wasn't suggesting you buy one, just that Cosina made the body and mechanicals .
I'd have one though if it were 50 quid and brand new

and I agree - we must all eschew the tawdry

Very nice, but lately and even though I still have my fairly modern Contax G2 system, which I used to love before my XPro showed up, still. When it comes to film I only seem to have a fondness for old rangefinders from the 50's and 60s for shooting film. The funny thing is back in the time of their biggest popularity, I only liked shooting with SLRs, funny how we change.
View attachment 56657
abcphotowest

View attachment 56658
View attachment 56659

Vow, I want one also but I don't think I want to play with film anymore. I think I still have one roll somewhere. Camera/lens look brand new. I see that nokton prices are up lately in Keh since they are no more produced. Enjoy your new camera/lens:)

Congrats Amin. Especially on the lens choice. The Nokton LTM has to be one of the most underestimated and undervalued rangefinder lenses of all time. Those whove shot with one know how good it really is. Mine is almost glued to my M9.

Enjoy the new baby.

Gordon

Lovely purchase Amin. I've been among the people calling for a digital Bessa for some time. If I'm not mistaken, Fuji actually makes these cameras. And given the company's X100 and X-Pro, how difficult could it be to create a digital Bessa? Enjoy, Amin!

Back