Micro 4/3 Istanbul

serhan

Hall of Famer
I started to process some of holiday photos from Istanbul taken w/ e-m5 & Pana 35-100mm. The sea shots taken on the ferry trip from Asia to Europe (polarizer+edited with VSCO velvia preset):

Haydarpasa Train Station
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

Marmara Faculty of Medicine
original.jpg

Topkapi Palace
original.jpg

Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya (St Sofia) & Aya Irene
original.jpg

Ferry & Suleymaniye Mosque
original.jpg

Galata Tower
original.jpg

Maiden's Tower & Bosphorus Bridge
original.jpg

A few w/ 7-14mm
original.jpg

original.jpg

35-100mm
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Korean Festival in Ist
original.jpg

Nice shots! I like the second series a bit better, because it shows more of a human element. I think presentation-wise, mixing up the two series would be best. Still, very nice shots in the first series too :)

Thanks. I have more shots that haven't processed. This was a day trip. I had more street shots last year when I stayed there for 4 days, still need to process them. A few of the posted are here, maybe need to mix them:
Istanbul Streets by Serhan

My older shots were more architectural, now I am including more people. Bob Krist, NG photographer, was saying the same thing, when he was telling his first photo trip before his pro life... One from the boat:

original.jpg

Nice shots! I like the second series a bit better, because it shows more of a human element. I think presentation-wise, mixing up the two series would be best. Still, very nice shots in the first series too :)

It is in the commercial area of old town, so I guess it was a house previously that is converted to a storage place now.

What a wonderfully colorful place, serhan! I am particularly taken with #14 - the lovely and intricate building whose windows seem to be storing office supplies now?

Old town doesn't change but the rest of the city does. Luckily my sister lives there, but it takes forever to get from one place to another. I was walking in my sister's neighborhood and first there was papa john, then dunkin donut, and a domino's pizza in addition to a few Starbucks, McDonalds, Burger Kings... Here are 2 shot shows the old and new, first one is Dolmabahce Palace:

original.jpg

original.jpg

Amazing city, and very well shot. I was there for about a week once, over 30 years ago now, and I don't know that I'll ever get back. But I'd surely like to.
-Ray

Thanks. It definitely looks different at work screen compared to my home 15" laptop. I sharpened them after resize, maybe too much... I might stop that.
Nice shots but overprocessed, i.e. over sharpened for my taste.

Thanks. It definitely looks different at work screen compared to my home 15" laptop. I sharpened them after resize, maybe too much... I might stop that.

I'd check to see if your software is already applying resharpening when you downsize an image. When I resize an image from photoshop I have "bicubic sharpening" selected as a default.

I see the "bicubic sharpening" option under resize. Mine was only "bicubic" w/o sharpening so I will use that option. Thanks.

I'd check to see if your software is already applying resharpening when you downsize an image. When I resize an image from photoshop I have "bicubic sharpening" selected as a default.

I see the "bicubic sharpening" option under resize. Mine was only "bicubic" w/o sharpening so I will use that option. Thanks.

In the case of using bicubic you were probably right to manually apply more sharpening after resizing. This link is a (very) brief description of the two resizing methods with some mouseover comparisons.

Use Bicubic Sharper for Web Resizing

I've been happy with the results from having the bicubic resharpening option selected and not applying any further sharpening.

Back