1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Italy.....

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by christilou, Oct 10, 2016.

1. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    So beautiful, where in Italy were these taken?

3. Covey22

Covey22 SC Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    I'm guessing that's the Basilica di San Francesco in Assisi. I sort of recognize the belltower and the statue - Pilgrim of Peace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    We flew to Pisa, travelled to a tiny place called Castiglione del Lago on the Umbria/Tuscany borders (our friends were married there 20 years ago). We visited the Medici Villa, Artimino, Assisi, Isola Maggiore, Panicale, Siena and finished up with a couple of days in Florence. So much to see and take in and every time I lug all this gear I wonder why..... then when I review the photos I'm pleased that I did although my long suffering husband had to carry my bag up the steps to the top of the Duomo in Florence! It took about 15 minutes to get to the top, along passages of dark stone, barely lit and many, steep steps with only an open hand rail to hold on to. The top was like climbing through a trap door, goodness knows how you would do it if you were on the large side (the passages are narrow and there are places where those going up/down have to give way to each other) or unfit! I felt it in my glutes for a couple of days after!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I look forward to seeing more

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. Matero

Matero SC Veteran

Dec 25, 2014
    Helsinki, Finland
    Very beautiful samples. I guess there is plenty more... :2thumbs:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    These are a few of the beautiful frescos inside the Church of St. Michele on Isola Maggiore. Not technically much at all but worth a view :) The banding is from the A7RII using the silent shutter.

DSC09004-Edit.

DSC09002-Edit.

DSC09006-Edit.

DSC09015-Edit.

• Like Like x 5
  8. rayvonn

rayvonn SC Veteran

Jan 19, 2015
    FWIW, banding isn't really apparent.

9. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I can see the banding clearly on my tablet and monitor - I think it depends on your screen settings. They are a nuisance and one of the reasons why I avoid using an electronic shutter.