It's official - the Fuji X10 is fixed 4x zoom with 2/3 sensor

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by wolfie, Sep 1, 2011.

1. wolfie

wolfie SC Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Burkey

Burkey SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    Thanks for the link.
    . . . David

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    So, if I have this right, its an XZ1 with a slightly larger sensor and a slightly slower lens??? And an OVF. I'm sure it'll be a strong competitor in that S95, LX5, XZ1, G12 neighborhood, but I don't see that it really brings much to the game that the others don't...

-Ray

4. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Thanks for the lins

looks good - I'm tempted - late November in the UK - I believe at £480, (almost US$800)

5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    What does that compute to in yen? Perhaps I can ask my daughter to pick me up one as a Christmas present when she is in Japan over Christmas?:biggrin:

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Jul 3, 2010
    The G12 and especially S95 are slow at telephoto, so the closest camera are the XZ1, EX1/TL500, and LX5. Compared to those, only the Fuji has a mechanically-linked zoom ring and optical viewfinder. The looks, construction, feel, and controls will also likely set it apart, and I wouldn't discount the possibility that the 2/3" sensor could be something special.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thanks for distilling all this for me. I am not the fastest at getting down to the technical stuff re f/stop and zooms. The OVF is a big plus and if the files have great image quality with the faster speed of the lens...that is a big plus for me.

8. Susan Sande

Susan Sande SC Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Upper left USA
    I just finished watching the Fuji Guys review. This is more what I was wishing for in a Fuji. I was not sad when I returned the F550EXR. It had things that just bugged the heck out of me and the X10 looks like it covers what I want as a G10 replacement and what I didn't like about the 550. Yes, my new to me D-Lux 4 arrives sometime this afternoon from B&H. My first foray into Leica. We'll see how we get along. The X10 will be my on deck choice if I don't keep the D-Lux. (I live 225 miles from any big city with a real camera store so the only cameras I can try around here are regular consumer level. No one ever carried the G10 or the 550. I just have to go by specs and reviews)

9. Burkey

Burkey SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    My big concern with the X10's OVF is centered around the availability of a set of "cross-hairs" or similar in the VF. I've seen finders in OVFs both with and without. Although I'm sure there will be some sort of auto focus acknowledgment - i.e. sound/light or both, not knowing what you are actually focusing on within a scene can be a serious problem. I suppose if the X10 is like the X100 when being used with the OVF then there won't be a problem.
    'Just some ramblings around what appears to be a very interesting camera. Have a nice weekend.
    . . . David

10. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    The 85% view kills it for me. That means 15% guesswork. Not for me...
    Youse all have fun tho....