It's The Law!....French Dogs are Not Allowed to Walk!

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Petach, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    It would seem that here in "La Belle France" doggies are not allowed to walk. they have to be carried. I suspect; though, that they do, because ordure is everywhere....on the pavement, in the gutter. Doggie Bags of the poo variety obviously have low sales here because I have never ever seen one used. It is a shame that a country which has such wonderful food & wine, that has produced great philosophers & composers & artists seems incapable of clearing up such a mess.

33262032833_b4448dfbf8_c. Menage a Trois, Honfleur by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

33917079782_8f5bf26fb2_c. Doggie Lurves eez Pappa by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

33944002771_ae8700f1d0_c. Basket Case.......WOOF! by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

33884504071_eddf42535d_c. St Malo Pooch, Candid by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

33543826510_4635f24980_c. Cafe & Dog Culture, Dinan France by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  2. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Lexington, Virginia
    Steve
    Definitely going to put a hitch in Mastiff sales.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. davidzvi

davidzvi SC Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    David
    And the Great Pyrenees.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Pampered pets.

5. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Woeful. Pick up the doggy doo or keep the dog at home.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I'm a strong believer that dogs make the world a better place.

But there are a few small "inconveniences" that come with the honor of sharing your life with one of the greatest animals on the planet. They don't use our elaborate modern bathroom/sewer system.

Pick up your poop, or I will feed it to you (and yes, I have said that to a person I watched walk away from his dog without picking it up....of course he was quite a bit smaller than me, but still......geez....it's just not that hard)

• Like Like x 2
  7. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    In contrast, Gothenburg this weekend was immaculate, no poop to be seen anywhere and yes, plenty of dogs!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    I hasten to say, I am not anti dog, just anti social dog owners. I can go goo-goo-eyed over a cute puppy and all that malarky.....but I would never own one. Too much of a tie for the ever fragrant Mrs T and myself.