Jacob Aue Sobol and the Leica M Monochrom

Discussion in 'Leica M Forum' started by stillshunter, Jun 29, 2012.

1. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Loved the recent copy (04/2012) of LFI with reviews of the M-Monochrom, new "Cron APO 50/2 and portfolio of Jacob Aue Sobol's work. Anyone interested in either of these three or combinations therein might also enjoy this...

[video=vimeo;42305451]http://vimeo.com/42305451[/video]

• Like Like x 3
  2. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Awesome video.... [/going out to buy a lottery ticket]

3. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    Well, I'm excited about this camera. What I'm really looking forward to using on the M9 monochrome is the older lenses, made in a time when Black and White was the norm. First lens on it will be an uncoated Sonnar. My personal opinion on the APO Summicron- "overkill" for a monochrome camera. It's a feat of optical engineering, and the engineers that designed it must be very satisfied being allowed to produce it. But it remonds me of a time when I was a manager, and one of my optical engineers was fretting over the precision of the polynomial coefficients going into formulating the aspheric surfaces of a lens for an IR camera. Basically told him, "It's only a 320x200 resolution camera, it just doesn't matter". I gave him the 9mm F1.2 lens from a Kodak Ektasound 130 that I bought at a thrift store for a $1.

• Like Like x 1