Jaded......

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments and positive suggestions. I've been laid low with a virus for the past week and that hasn't helped! However this has been coming on for a while. Photographing the same old things because the weather is so awful here for months on end has just cemented my stupor. I don't like anything I've photographed lately. Also, I think I'm suffering from overload with all the new cameras and test pics available, it's mind boggling. I feel I definitely need to try and simplify my gear and find out what's really useful to me. It would also be good for me to get to know a single camera properly for once:) I'd like to sort through my pics and make some books from them, especially my middle daughter's New York wedding last May, haven't even done that yet! I also have a couple of trips in the diary and I'm looking forward to seeing new people and places. Today the sun is shining and it really is "sunny Frimley" Lightmancer :D

Learning one system, inside-out, using it until adjusting the settings is a semi-conscience, nearly instinctive effort, is one of the best ways to grow as a photographer. There are photographs everywhere, it is up to us photogs to see and capture them. Okay, you have cabin fever and just getting over a miserable virus. Capture your cabin fever, capture your misery ... document a small part of your day, capture the dreariness of winter. Keep a camera handy for whatever piece of time you feel compelled to stop. Again, don't worry about processing, this is about you seeing your world through the lens of your camera. Sell all your stuff, it doesn't matter, just keep one camera with which to see the world and capture whatever pleases you to capture. Make all your cameras or that last camera an extension of your eyes and hands and capture small slices of time and light. Maybe all that gear simply diluted your passion for photography. Don't put down your camera, as days go by it will become easier and easier not to pick it up.

G

I've kept the Fuji X100 to hand today and I'm thinking I'll keep things simple for now. The K-01, NEX 5R and the Fuji X Pro + 3 are all now listed on Amazon. If they sell, they sell. They're my least used cameras. I'm hanging on to the Oly EM5 and lenses for the moment because they cover just about everything and I probably have the most investment here.

Is it easier to sell on Amazon? I've never considered them actually.. other than buying of course.

Inspiration comes and goes, do something else for a while, it will come back. Spend time looking at other peoples photographs for a while, you may get the the spark of interest from others. Take care :).

Back