Just a few from a walk at Longwood Gardens with the LX7

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Name
John Griggs
I went for a walk to get some much needed exercise. I had some back problems last year and lost a lot of muscle tone so I need to get out as much as I can.

I took just the LX7 and truthfully I completely messed up a bunch of macros of tiny spring wildflowers I tried to photograph. So I got some "scenics" and that's about it. I couldn't over come the breeze that had the flowers vibrating.

8586630787_d16131e15c_c.jpg

Freedom Seemed Far Away... by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

8587731826_14bec89af9_c.jpg

Beneath the Giant Shrub by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

8587731590_e00f3423dd_c.jpg

Dry Fountains by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

8587731358_06f5879dde_c.jpg

Latitude 39 55: Equation of Time by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

I live within easy biking distance and I've been perhaps half a dozen times in the more than 20 years I've lived here. But I did join for a year a couple years back and that accounts for most of those half dozen. Its an impressive place for sure.

-Ray

Nice photos John and Ray. Longwood Gardens brings back good memories. It's where I kissed my first "real" girlfriend in the middle of winter.

There must be a story there - what were you doing up here? Looking back at that topiary photo and a couple others I took that day really sort of hurts my eyes - I was heavily into my fake infra-red period (sort of like Picasso's Blue period, but a whole lot less significant to me and LORD knows to anyone else!). And I think before I'd gotten Silver Efex Pro, so I was doing all of my B&W stuff in Aperture, which was a crude tool in comparison...

-Ray

There must be a story there - what were you doing up here? Looking back at that topiary photo and a couple others I took that day really sort of hurts my eyes - I was heavily into my fake infra-red period (sort of like Picasso's Blue period, but a whole lot less significant to me and LORD knows to anyone else!). And I think before I'd gotten Silver Efex Pro, so I was doing all of my B&W stuff in Aperture, which was a crude tool in comparison...

-Ray

I wouldn't get too down on yourself. Frankly, I don't think that's the greatest of scenes -- the topiary garden is always more impressive in 3D and 2D captures fall short -- and your processing brought out something in it that my "straight photography" never captures to my satisfaction.

Well, OK John, then while I'm at it, here's the one other from that day that can strike fear and weirdness into the hearts of viewers, if not visitors to the site...

BTW, let me know when you want to get together for lunch or coffee or something. I've got some toys on loan at the moment you might want to check out.

View attachment 66914
Longwood Gardens 2 by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

Ray, I'd love to do that and meet with you. I think you have some cameras for sure that I've only read about and I'd love to see them in person.

Weekdays I'm in Delaware on the PA/DE border in Claymont. I could travel up to say Painter's Crossing or whatever to do a lunch on weekdays (I'm salaried with some degree of flexibility time wise) or we could meet wherever on a weekend. I'm off Good Friday as well.

Back