1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

just an E-M5 review link

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by Luke, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Naveed Akhtar

Naveed Akhtar SC Regular

Dec 8, 2011
    London, UK
    This is a very useful review, sensible words and loaded with inspirational photos ..
    Thanks for sharing!

3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Great set of images. I find the second one particularly special.

It's funny that there was a time when I would have read any review or preview to learn more about the camera, but very soon that changed to "oh no, not ANOTHER E-M5 review" :smile:

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Luckily we all like something different. I like all of them, but I LOVE 1, 3 and 5.

5. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I confess I liked the photos from the original travel review posted... felt they were fairly dynamic compared to the normal travel stuff.

That said, nothing beats monkey self-portraits.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luckypenguin

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    I call BS on the monkey taking good photos. I once saw a monkey take a photo (honest, hand on heart). It was terrible: blurry and out of focus, no defined subject, no sense of composition, but the lady whose camera it was thought it was awesome, so who I am to judge?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    now that I look at my avatar, when I have my hair cut short like I like it, I look a bit like a monkey taking a photo.

8. Luckypenguin

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Since the question has been raised about the quality of the images in the link posted, I though I'd go back and see if I had got it wrong from when I first saw them two weeks ago. My take is that every image before the sunset image, while maybe lacking in some technical qualities, caused me to pause and think more closely. They told a story, so to speak. To me that is the whole purpose of photography as documentary. They don't necessarily sell the camera on it's technical merits, but if I'm reading Luke's OP correctly that wasn't what he gleaned from the article either.