Just bought GRD1 ,- am I insane!!!

Discussion in 'Ricoh Forum' started by nikki, Oct 18, 2011.

1. nikki

nikki SC Top Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Dublin ,Ireland
    As I was waiting for the Fuji x10 to come out to see the photos,before I bought one I got itchy feet with my money sitting in the bank!I could not decide between a lx5 or fujix10, so ive been looking on the site at the grd images and i like the way the camera renders the black and white. It reminds me of my minilux that i use a lot.
    So i was on ebay and came across grd anniversary edition for €150.So I bought it!:eek:
    I dont know wheather ive lost my marbles.Its blue with fairies or angels or something on it.
    Anyhow ive paid for it and I am now minus €150 for the lx5 or fujix10.
    What is wrong with me?:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    You won't regret it. Though maybe the colour will attract more attention than you would like!

3. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    From my meagre understanding, the first GRD is mighty S L O W on the RAW write times but still produces jpgs that are unmatched by it's younger brethren. You enjoy it nikki and please be sure to post some results....as well as a snap of the camera itself....sounds intriguing!

4. nikki

nikki SC Top Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Dublin ,Ireland
    I certainly will!! although I dont mind slow write times I use a digilux 2 as my main camera and that is SLOW!!!

5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Yes, please - we need pix from and of this little blue magic GRD anniversary camera!

6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    I'd be intrigued to know how much the latest memory cards speed up the Raw file write-time compared to a 2006 vintage card. I don't know the difference in Mb/s but switching from a plain blue Sandisk card to an Ultra or an Extreme can halve the write-time on some cameras. I still have an older Canon IXUS 960 IS which was also reviewed at the time as having very slow write-times off it's 12MP sensor, but now with a fast card there is no problem.

7. avidone

avidone SC Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    I got one just last week I guess from the same place on EBay (it is limited edition number 745/1000), and I love it... you can see several threads with my first pics. I like the out-of-camera jpegs and they write fast enough on a not-particularly-fast 2gb SD card. I guess I will only use raw for very particular shots every now and then

8. avidone

avidone SC Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    correction-- I think I have only one thread with pics here, but others on ricohforum.com and pics on mu43.com in the street thread.. BTW, I think it is doing great as a street shooter-- people must see it and think it is something out of Barbie's lunch box and don't take it seriously; I get far fewer scowls than when I go around with my Oly E-PL1

• Like Like x 1
  9. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    :rofl:

10. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia SC Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Not too much faster.

11. nikki

nikki SC Top Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Dublin ,Ireland
    I went into the ricoh forum - its quite good!

12. bob-b

bob-b New to SC

Oct 26, 2010
    You wont regret it
    Its a quality camera.

13. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Hmmm where did you get this? Are any more available?

14. avidone

avidone SC Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    Rome, Italy