Just do it...!

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
Waaaay back in January this year, when it was cold, dank and damp and the world was painted in shades of grey, Stillshunter of this parish (Mark) got a bunch of us shooting one shot a day. The "Single in January" project was challenging and great fun. I was one of those that participated. Sometimes it was hard, sometimes it was frustrating, sometimes it was almost damn impossible - but we did it. :D

Luke did a book of entries that showcased the work of many of us. I had already started on a book of my own, but decided to hold back, partly to give the "official" book a clear run, and also because I wanted to issue mine about a year after the event (this is all planned, you see..!)

So, I have done my book with my 31 shots from the SIJ. I have called it "Take One a Day..." and if you are interested you can see the link to it in my sig. I have given each image a page, together with the caption I gave it originally. I have only just published it, although I did all the "hard work" months ago. It was fascinating to look back and to remind myself of that period.

The first copy turned up yesterday. I have now ordered half a dozen more to give as presents to photographically minded friends. I don't expect to sell many - it is not that sort of book - but the point of this thread is to say it didn't take a lot of effort, it was fun to do and books like these do make great presents. So "dust off" your images, spend an evening or two putting a book of your own together and go for it - there is still (just) enough time to get delivery before Christmas! :D

Of course, I've seen all the images. But I was hoping to see them again and went to look for a preview, but I couldn't find one. Am I doing something wrong? Those were some good times......even when I didn't feel like shooting.

Back