1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Just finished work on our Gite

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by BillN, Jul 3, 2012.

1. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    As some of you know we moved out to rural France permanently about 3 years ago. Since we moved here we have spent most of our time working on the house and also the barns which we are converting into (income producing - I hope!), apartments/gites.

I've posted images of the work as we went along......... the "before" and work in progress shots

Anyway a good week, this week, as we have just finished a "gite"

I have put together a website using "wordpress" templates

OK some may say I'm advertising - but that's not why I posted

What do you think of the site? - suggestions for improvements welcomed

Also I have included a "Bird image Gallery"

Cottage – Tonichon

I still have to change a few images and minor mods are needed - but for me it's 90% there - the site I mean

any of you "guys" have experience with where to promote the site?

(Amin - if you think that it is not appropriate - because of any perceived advertising implications - please delete the thread)

• Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Bill, you and your wife have done a phenomenal amount of work - it's beautiful!! I'd be on a plane in a flash, if I could!!

Everyone needs to be sure to check out the Gallery where many more photos can be seen. You might want to consider how to link directly to the gallery from your first page. At first I didn't realize you had more photographs.

Beautifully done, Bill...and a great spot to stash all those family members who must want to visit you all the time!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    You two have done an astounding job. Very impressive and tastefully restored :) I like the web site too, looking good. I would be very tempted to stay there!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    Great job indeed. The Gite looks awesome. The website is simple and clean, as it should be, and your photographs are superb.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    Looks like just the ticket when my wife and I need a real vacations sans kids. I like the site a lot. The clean appearance adds to the impression if the property and the photos are very good. Like the inclusion of the bird photos a lot! Charming.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    • Like Like x 2
  7. marlof

marlof Trying to focus

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    That looks great, Bill, you've done a tremendous job! Something to remember, once we don't mind our stays being not suitable for children.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mal

Mal SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2010
    Liverpool / UK
    Just booked Venice 3 days ago.... But as my wife and I are 'Bird watchers'... have a passion for fine French Wines (Clarets especially)... and EasyJet fly from Liverpool to Bordeaux... this is really tempting for the future...

• Like Like x 1
  9. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    I've booked french apartments/gites before through homelidays.co.uk and holidaylettings.co.uk

• Like Like x 1