1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

K-01 and FA77

Discussion in 'Pentax K-01 Forum' started by christilou, Feb 21, 2013.

1. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I've had my K-01 for sale on off a few times lately. Every time I use it though I feel compelled to take it off Amazon again because I just love it's IQ :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    The K-01 is not a camera to fall "gushy" in love with visually. But when I put it to work, it pulls me in. Never thought I would ever use ISO 3200, but in a pinch I now do, with very acceptable results for many things. There are maybe better cameras, but I cannot afford them. So, My "K" has a home with me, with no regrets.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto SC Regular

Jun 12, 2012
    Heck, I bought a K-01 a short time ago when the price dropped to $299 and fell completely in love with it. People (mainly camera review editors) let the unusual design of the K-01 blind them to a really great camera. I like the K-01 so much that I bought a second one just to have a backup since the price is so cheap.

I doubt that Pentax will make a K-02 because of the critical failure of the K-01 among publications that review cameras ... which is a shame.

Here is a recent snap I took (with the K-01 and FA 77mm) of my son:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Little B

Fluffy B...... he's off to the groomer tomorrow.

FA77 Ltd.

IMGP6076-0.jpg

p.s. I seem to have mislaid the dog thread?

• Like Like x 5
  5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    That might be glossing over the issue a bit. There are plenty of cameras which may be great in some way but just struggle to sell because of the reasons that make them not so great.

7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Christina... its not just about the K-01. It is also what you do with it. Your processing is pretty special.

• Like Like x 3
  8. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Even before clicking I knew who posted this thread. Your work with the K-01 and the FA77 is legend. I don't have the FA77 yet, but you're not helping my bank account at all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I keep secretly hoping that she tires of her Pentax and lists that FA77 in the classifieds.

10. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Have you tries the DA70/2.4? Cheaper and arguably just as good. Unless f1.8 is needed of course. Probably my favorite Pentax lens, along with the FA35/2.

Christina's PP work sure is awesome. One of my favorites along with Livnus's PP.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto SC Regular

Jun 12, 2012
    The DA70 used to be much cheaper but since Pentax increased some of the lens prices a while back the price for a new DA70 isn't that much less than the price of a new FA77. When I bought back into the Pentax system a while ago I was going to buy the DA70 (which I used to own back in the K10D era) but decided to buy the FA77 because the price difference is less than $100 at Adorama.

12. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Yup. I've been recently acquiring FA Limiteds for the aperture control on the GH2. The only DA Limited that I have left is the DA70, and it may be my favorite.

• Like Like x 1