K-01 w/40mm or w/18-55m and 50-200mm for $397

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    for anyone who doesn't mind viewfinderless shooting that is an AWESOME way to get a modern APS-C sensor on the cheap.

2. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I was thinking I was going to sell mine, but it seems silly to do so with the deals (and resulting resale value).

Hmmmm... maybe I can be on the lookout for some cheap, vintage K lenses. The other one that tempts me is the FA 50/1.4.

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    atta boy Kyle...... double down. Don't think about selling...think about MORE!

4. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    LoL, exactly!

5. lenshoarder

lenshoarder SC Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    The 18-55 and the 50-200 are the WR versions, for those alone, at $400 it would have made a great addition to a K5 body.

6. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I'd like to see Pentax make a mirrorless system with new, short register lenses. I really enjoy using the Q; I just wish there were a "somewhat" larger version.

7. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I'm going to p/ex my K-01 for a K30. With the Pentax cash back it should "only :rolleyes:" cost me £100.

8. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    It does seem like Ricoh/Pentax could come up with a great compact system camera. Maybe the merger set back their timeline, but I seem to remember patent rumors from both companies for APS-C lenses based on a new mount.

That seems like a pretty good deal. Is that a Pentax program through dealers in the UK? I think I would jump on that if it were an option here in the US.

9. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Yes, seems to be the UK and quite a few other Euro countries. Still dithering as I don't know if I'll use a K30 except in the house where I won't have to carry it around!

10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Christilou, if you want the viewfinder, you need to do it. If the viewfinder isn't a big deal to you, I don't think I'd bother.