K-5 plus Formula 5 200mm f/3.5 MC/MD mount on a P/K adapter.

Discussion in 'Pentax DSLR Forum' started by kyteflyer, Dec 22, 2011.

1. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I think I need to use a tripod with this lens. It was very windy today and this lens weighs twice what the camera body does, I swear it.

[​IMG]
    rose20035 by kyte50, on Flickr

I'll add more shots as I find some which approach acceptability.

• Like Like x 2
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    • Like Like x 2
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Good dof control and sharpness Sue.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Wow. That super thin DOF just melts the background away like hot butter! Very nice!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Thanks so much, guys. I really am trying hard to achieve a certain "look" after seeing some pix by a guy called _downfall_ in pentax forums a long time ago. He's on flickr and his shots are here. Done with a K5 and K200D and Cosina 55 f/1.2. Might see how I go with my MC Rokkor 50mm f/1.4 next week. The 200mm is so heavy I could not keep it steady enough and I did have to use a lot of sharpening on the shots above.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stratokaster

stratokaster SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Why use Minolta glass on your Pentax? Infinity focus isn't possible, is it?

7. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I gotta say that I prefer the way your photos/lens renders the bokeh than the Cosina 55/1.2. The Cosina's bokeh looks a little too busy and somewhat weird to me.

8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Infinity focus... no... tried today, it was a washout, but its not why I use the Minolta lenses. I use the glass because I already had it (old Minolta SRT303 with a jammed shutter) and it was way cheaper to buy an adapter than go and buy primes in the 50mm f/1.4 + 200mm f/3.5 range. I can't afford them, and i already had the others. Its what made sense, and these shots show that theres a use for it.

9. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Oh really, do you think so? Thanks you :) I really like that look, but I dont think all his shots have it. I think he went looking for it. Mine is looking like it is because there is a lot of distance between the subject and the background, I think. Its not just the lens, wish it was, it would make a lot of things easier :).