Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by TraamisVOS, Aug 27, 2012.

1. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Most of the photos here were taken with my 7D, and only because because I don't have a telephoto or video on my Leica so The Watering Hole is probably the only place I can post them.

We went to have a fish-n-chips lunch out at the park on Sunday, on the park bench:

While we were eating, this little thing popped out from the bush:

It hung out for a while, then it disappeared back into the bush:

There's never just one, so after finishing our lunch we went to have a look. They were hard to spot but once we saw them, there was a whole extended family in amongst the native bushland:

This one was doing its best impersonation of a tree:

Somebody's dog elsewhere in the park got loose and it spooked the kangaroos, the kangaroos went zooming past us. I managed to catch a very short video clip on my 7D of them hopping past us, I'll post it once I upload it to youtube. but there's a shot of them on their way:

Luckily the dog never even got close.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    By the way, they're the Eastern Greys, the second largest of the kangaroo family.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Wonderful, James!! Can't wait to see the movie!:popcorm2:

And as for posting them with that camera - you can post them in any of the appropriate image threads. We're a very convivial bunch...and our Serious Compacts extended family is quite large, just like your Eastern Greys'.:grouphug: