1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Konica 30mm F1.9, converted to C-Mount

Discussion in 'Projects/Repair' started by Brian, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    The Konica EYE is a Half-frame 35mm camera with a 30mm F1.9 lens. The Shutter on this one is bad, camera was $15 on Ebay.

[​IMG]

Remove the Body cover down and baseplate.

[​IMG]

Four screws hold the lens plate into the Body. The glue holds them in tight, you need a good screwdriver to get them out. I used a WIHA.

The plate is an integral part of the Focus mechanism, and is held in by studs. I did not remove the plate from the lens, chose to tape up the lens to protect it while cutting down to size. Dremel Time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Use a file to get down to the ballpark. I dropped the plate into a 52->55 step-up ring to protect against sharp edges.

[​IMG]

C-Mount from a no-name 25/1.8 TV lens, and a shim from a Jupiter-8 to set infinity focus.

[​IMG]

On the EP2 via C-Mount adapter. A J-8 Shim was used to align actual focus with the Distance scale.

[​IMG]

2. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    I need to put something on the inside of the 55 step-up ring, like a retaining ring from a filter or an O-ring.

Also- this lens does not have an aperture, the body used a combination aperture/shutter- and it was dead. An aperture disk also works, the lens uses a 46mm filter.

Or- could just use wide-open...

And now on the EP2.
    Shimmed for infinity focus for C-Mount, works with my C-Mount to mu43 adapter.

[​IMG]On the EP2.

And now on the EP2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shimmed for infinity focus for C-Mount, works with my C-Mount to mu43 adapter.

[​IMG]

Now- how to wire the Selenium cell to recharge the battery...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    LOL good luck with that! Great DIY though!

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Thanks for the step by step on this one.