Sony Landscapes, Not my Forte

raconteur

Regular
Thought I would give landscapes a try with the RX1R. Not what I normally photograph. Any advice is welcome.

Sandbar-Sunset-Clearing-Storm.jpg

Beach-Clearing-Storm.jpg

If you're not looking purely for technical/processing comments, I think landscape photos deserve quite a lot of land in them ... :)

Did you really boost the contrast and saturation on the first shot? There's a lot more clipping and speckling than I would expect out of an RX1R.

Clairty and saturation slider to 9 in LR5. Contrast-from memory was +17 if I remember correctly. I prefer drama but not over-cooked. Thanks for the comment and critique.

Luke's right, there is a slight list...

Possibly unhelpful, but I was thinking that with the second if you crop just above the chair rail, landscape as opposed to portrait, that sky on its own makes for a stunning photo. Not the aim perhaps, but a beautiful side effect. Alternatively but on the same lines, crop so that the land disappears but you get the seat in frame, makes a squarer image.

Always on hand to derail your plans, no need to thank me ;-)

Luke's right, there is a slight list...

Possibly unhelpful, but I was thinking that with the second if you crop just above the chair rail, landscape as opposed to portrait, that sky on its own makes for a stunning photo. Not the aim perhaps, but a beautiful side effect. Alternatively but on the same lines, crop so that the land disappears but you get the seat in frame, makes a squarer image.

Always on hand to derail your plans, no need to thank me ;-)

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a try to see how they work.

Back