Leica C visits the Poet's Church in London

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Mixalis, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Mixalis

Mixalis SC Rookie

Oct 13, 2013
    London
    Mike Evans
    First day out with the little Leica C and I snapped these two images of the Poet's Church, St.Giles-in-the-Fields, London. Built by Henry Flitcroft, St.Giles's was the first church in England in the Palladian style. The first picture is taken at the widest angle, 28mm while the second is at the maximum 200mm. Monocrome conversion in Silver Efex Pro 2.

Mike

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    These are very nice, would you post some more colour photos...... I believe it does lovely colour too :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mixalis

Mixalis SC Rookie

Oct 13, 2013
    London
    Mike Evans
    I am currently reviewing the camera and will have some colour to upload in the near future. So far I am seriously impressed with this little Panaleica and find it compares well with the more bulky D-Lux6/LX7. The lens is probably not as sharp as the 24-90 f/1.4-2.3 on the LX7 but I can live with the compromise in exchange for that 200mm zoom and built-in viewfinder.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

Beautiful in b&w - great shots.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RT Panther

RT Panther SC All-Pro

Dec 25, 2012
    Good stuff here & definitely qualifies as a 'Serious Compact' in my book....:cool:

• Like Like x 1