Leica CL Forum?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Burkey, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Burkey

Burkey SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    Any chance we could add a "Leica CL" sub forum under the Interchangeable-Lens Cameras? Discussion and/or images related to this camera don't seem to fit anywhere else.
    . . . David

2. You could post in "Other Interchangeable Lens Cameras", or perhaps Amin or Luke could change the name of Leica M to just Leica.

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    The Lecia CL discussions can go here ( I believe it still uses the M mount)...... Leica M Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Afaik it uses the same mount as the TL, which is differe t from the M mount... you need an adapter for that.

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    OK....after reading up on this camera, it uses the Leica L bayonet mount. I think for the meantime....rather than forming a new subforum for a single camera, posts related to it can go in the Leica M forum...and maybe that forum can be re-named to allow all of Leica's camera. Because other than a different mount, they share enough commonalities that they can logically be grouped together.

Of course, any posts related to it will get a lot more conversation at Amin's sister site Leica Place - Leica User Group

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  6. Burkey

Burkey SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    Native lenses use the the L-mount on the CL. M-mount lenses require an adapter, Leica or aftermarket. Currently I am using only M-mount lenses with the Leica adapter. Hopefully, native lens purchases to follow. Nice camera, very compact.
    . . . David