1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Leica M Review at Focus-Numerique

Discussion in 'Leica M Forum' started by serhan, Mar 9, 2013.

1. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
  2. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
  3. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Looks nice. Too bad I probably won't be getting one within the next ten years ... Someone else needs to create a full frame digital RF utilizing the M mount. Should be able to sell lots of those even at $3-4K.

4. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    High price for entrance to Leica M, even for upgraders! Yes, lots of people would buy around $3-4K, esp after seeing SAR price survey for full frame Sony mirrorless. After that I see more people start to look for Speed Booster adapters. Sony full frame will not have RF and also I don't know what they will do on the wide side, esp under 35mm. Even nex-7 has problems with wide angles rf lenses...

5. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    DXOMark Score

Here is the dxo score for new M:
    DxOMark - Comparisons

03. 07.

6. flash

flash SC Veteran

May 6, 2011
    Gordon
    $3-4K just aint going to happen in a FF digital rangefinder anytime soon. The Sony fixed lens camera is nearly $3K. Anyway, even if Sony do build one there'll be 4 new bodies in the first year and only two average superzooms released for it. Sony don't need a new body. They need a few lenses that can out resolve the NEX7 sensor. If you want a competitor you want Fuji. But the camera will be bigger as will the lenses.

The new M competes, price wise, against the top cameras from Canon and Nikon quite favourably. I don't see any issue with the price of the camera. It's the lens prices that'll make your eye bleed. $4K for a 135mm that has the same angle of view and DOF carachteristics as an $800.00 Olympus 75mm 1.8 is going to make tou stop for a second. It did for me.

Gordon

p.s. interesting if DXO says one stop in noise. Everything I've read says it's more than that.