Expired Leica M8, A1 condition, low shutter count, with extras. AU$2300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

defektive

Veteran
Name
Sam
Hello fellow sharp shooters,
I thought I would offer this package here for a couple of days first to try and add one more Leica convert to the fold before posting it on other forums :big grin:. My reason for sale is that I have recently upgraded to this camera's big brother so unfortunately I can't afford to keep both.

This is what is included:
Leica M8 digital rangefinder camera (body only)
Original accessories - shoulder strap, box, manual, battery, charger, body cap and software
Extras - spare battery (non genuine), Giottos glass screen protector fitted, 3 x UV/IR cut filters

The Camera:
The camera is in excellent condition functionally and cosmetically. It has been used by me as my only camera for the past year without missing a beat. I did my research prior to buying it to make sure that it was not one of the early production models that were plagued with various issues such as high ISO banding. It's serial number is 3201407 which places it after these issues were addressed by Leica. It has just clicked over 3600 shutter actuations and the only real signs of use is some slight brassing on the edges where my hands have been fondling it and some minor paint loss on the base plate from sitting it on things. One quirk that it does have is that the base plate is actually from an M8.2 as you can see from the pictures. I'm not sure how it happened as it was on there when I bought it.

The Extras:
The spare Lithium Ion battery is from an Australian company (can't remember their name) with a good reputation. I have used it as much as the original Leica one and have not noticed any difference in the capabilities though I do not know if it will have the longevity of the Leica. It is still performing as well now as it did when I bought it 12 months ago.
I fitted the screen protector when I first got the camera for a bit of extra protection. It is one of the hard glass types about 1-2mm thick so it gives reasonable protection against knocks and scratches.
A UV/IR cut filter is a requirement with any lens when using an M8 due to the weak in camera IR filter. I have included three different sizes in this sale: 39mm, 40.5mm and 46mm. They are all high quality and in excellent order with the two smaller diameter ones made by B+W and the 46mm by Leica.

Price: AU$2300 SOLD

Any images posted on this forum and in the gallery by me are from this camera so please have a poke around to see the results for yourself. My "Single in January" shots were taken with this camera and a Leica Summicron 90mm lens.

If I receive no genuine interest by the end of the week I'll start listing elsewhere. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0313M8.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

IMG_0317M8.jpg

IMG_0315M8.jpg

IMG_0312M8.jpg

every home should have one

the M8 is a classic - I would not part with mine

all these Oly, Pana, Canon etc., compacts will get assigned to some cardboard box in the attic within a few years but the M8 will be out there being used and maintained.

They really are enjoyable cameras to use and if you can afford one give the M8 a try

Good luck with your sale I hope that it goes to a good home

Have you tried the Leica Forum FS&W section?

Cheers Bill,
I have had it listed at RFF and get dpi which should cover a fair user base. Unfortunately I have had to go the eBay route as I need to cover the M9 that arrived the other day.

Your comments on the M8 are spot on, the other bonus is that Leica gear generally does not lose value if kept in good condition. My only beef with this camera is the high ISO under performance, I'm hoping the M9 is a step up.

I just forget anything above ISO 320 - (Edit - but, just looking thru my M8 shots and I have some good stuff at ISO 1250)

very low shutters speeds hand held make up for it - good handheld shots are possible at as low as 1/10sec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back