1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Leica Q Type 116 Leaked Image, Specs

Discussion in 'News and Rumors' started by serhan, Jun 3, 2015.

1. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    Leica-Q-typ-116.jpg

Here is the first leaked image and specs of upcoming Leica Q Type 116 fixed lens FF camera. Price was rumored around $4500/4000 Euro:
    • Lens: Summilux 1: 1.7 / 28mm ASPH
    • 24MP CMOS full frame sensor
    • Made in Germany
    • Full HD Video
    • Built-In Wi-Fi
    • Remote control possible from smartphones and tablet
    • The top of the cover is machined aluminum
    • The body is magnesium
    • Touch panel
    • Focus peaking
    • Live View zoom
    • EVF is 3.68 million dot
    • Image processing engine new Maestro II
    • Continuous shooting up to 10 frames / sec.
    • Highest sensitivity ISO 50000
    http://www.cameraegg.org/leica-q-typ-116-leaked-image-specs/

http://translate.googleusercontent....q.html&usg=ALkJrhiAKRCeKd_2lmx_CUQDYLxSEGLdLQ

2. trisberg

trisberg SC Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    New Hampshire
    $4500 seems pretty steep, you could get a used M9 and 28mm lens for around that. Still happy with my Fuji X100T + WCL-X100.

-Thomas

• Like Like x 1
  3. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    It's a Leica. The price never makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  4. trisberg

trisberg SC Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    New Hampshire
    I know, so sad.

5. Covey22

Covey22 SC Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    And not even an EVF... :cautious:

6. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    EVF is 3.68 million dot, very high resolution if it is correct. Olympus EVF 4, Panasonic GH4, Fuji X-T1 and Sony A7's have 2,360k-dot evf.

7. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    As a 20-year plus Leica user this just depresses me and confirms why I don't use any of their current digital offerings.

Faux-M styling (we're not that stupid)
    Fixed 28mm lens on FF (so flexible, so useful)
    Yet another product range (S, T, X, M and now Q... fragmented and illogical go-to-market "thinking")

All I want - all I have ever wanted - is a digital M that is the same size as a film M. This is not it.

8. lenshacker

lenshacker SC Regular

Nov 21, 2014
    Is the CMOS sensor a newer generation than that of the M240? With ISO 50,000- I suspect it must be. New processor, 3.68MPixel EVF.

Why would anyone buy an M246 knowing these improvements will be in the next M camera?

• Like Like x 1
  9. rbelyell

rbelyell SC Top Veteran

May 14, 2013
    NY Mtns
    $4500??!! if a human being was this disconnected from reality society would force his commitment to an institution for his own and our safety! ): wait, arent corporations people in the US? hmmm...

10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    things just cost what they cost.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Covey22

Covey22 SC Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Thanks - I totally missed that bullet.

12. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    I admit I would buy a Leica if I had the money and my wife would allow me to buy one! I love the design-simplicity and the quality of the lenses.

13. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Unlike Bill, as someone who LOVED the RX1 but always wished it was 28mm instead of 35, this is pretty much a dream camera for me. Unfortunately, I can't imagine Leica believes in things like auto-ISO with minimum shutter speed control, so I'd probably never buy it at an RX1 price. And at a Leica price, well, it's one of those things that if you have to ask, you can't afford it. I have to ask. I won't own one unless they adopt Panasonic's strategy of dumping their 4 month old products that aren't selling well for about half price or less. Since that isn't gonna happen....

Nonetheless, if Amin ever decides to hold another awesome giveaway and one of THESE is the prize, I'll enter early and often! :cool:

-Ray

14. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Sounds like it's probably the same Sony in the RX1, A7, D750, etc. Damn fine sensor. Incredible DR at base ISO and more than good at higher ISO, if not class leading...

If they mate the lens to the sensor as effectively as Sony did in the RX1, this camera will be a damn fine image maker...

-Ray

15. Lightmancer

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I loved the design simplicity right up to my all-time favourite M7. 85. I even had an a lá Carte MP4 made to my specifications but ultimately it was not as nice to use as that M7... Today Leica are beset by issues that are not within their expertise. They buy in components and bolt them together then fiddle and fettle to make them work. They are too small to do anything else and it is a miracle that they achieve what they do, but their glory days are far behind them and this is another ho-hum mis-step. The real killer, however, is that QC and CX are both sub-par. Owning a Leica today - and I still have a couple - is a triumph of hope over experience crossed with the certitude that you own something obsolete before it left the drawing board, that might flake out at any moment.

Today I own a 1920's II, which originally started life as a I, as well as a 53-year-old M2, with 35 and 50mm lenses for each. They are a dream to use, whilst simultaneously keeping me on my photographic toes - no automation here. I doubt this thing will make it much past it's fifth birthday by comparison.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  16. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    is it just me or should there be an "e" after Q Typ.......I'm trying to figure out how to fit that thing in my ear. :rofl:

17. rbelyell

rbelyell SC Top Veteran

May 14, 2013
    NY Mtns
    i guess things are just spelled how theyre spelled! ):

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Lightmancer

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    It's German ;)

19. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    I was going to say that, but truth is that it the juice of a juice of a juice as we say it... I just copied it before I went to sleep;)
    More images http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/new-leaked-images-of-the-new-leica-q-ff-camera-5468
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big question sb in dpr asked is whether this f1.7 aperture value were affected by the same issue as in the Leica X (i.e., it's mostly a f2.8) or it will match the RX1 IQ. Sony should answer this with a new RX2:)

20. Lightmancer

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Y'see, that IS "getting there" but the lack of an interchangeable lens - most particularly an updated M-mount that could take legacy lenses - and the touchscreen* are absolute, complete and utter no-nos for me.

*...at least it isn't tilty...