Leica Store Miami grand opening

Discussion in 'Leica M Forum' started by Duane Pandorf, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Duane Pandorf

Duane Pandorf SC Top Veteran

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Great blog post and wonderful documentary photos, Duane!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

3. Duane Pandorf

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Thanks Amin!

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I hope they sell enough cameras to cover the cost of a physical storefront.

5. Vidar

Vidar SC Veteran

Oct 25, 2010
    Bergen, Norway
    Vidar
    Nice blog.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Agreed, nice post... you Leica guys are giving me the "i want" again. Duane, great blog, I got caught up in reading. Think I'll have to add it to my daily reads.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Duane Pandorf

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Its my impression that they're using these select locations in "well to do areas" to help the product via weekend seminars and photo walks. Potential customers get a chance to shoot for part of the days with a Leica and later work with the files. That's where the Leica Akademie comes into play too. Technically I fit into that profile being a new Leica owner and that's why I got an invite to last nights event.

Today an tomorrow the store had a couple well photographers in town to assist in these seminars and presentations. Not everybody hangs out on the forums pixel peaking or revving the their GAS wishes. So far it would appear its working for them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    I've been an M8.2 owner for the past 2-3 years and I never get invited to anything. :(

9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    James, I'm standing up in a wedding in May. I'm going to hate it. I'm inviting you. Bring your Leica.

10. TraamisVOS

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Is this some kind of slang for something, 'standing up in a wedding'. Cos I've stood up in a wedding before, so have all the other guests, when the bribe walked in. It was nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    LOL. Maybe they don't use that terminology over there. It just means I'm in the wedding party. I guess I'll be called a groomsman. All it really means is it's going to cost me a few hundred more dollars than everyone else, and I'm stuck there for the whole thing. God, I hate weddings....never again.

12. TraamisVOS

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    I would love to do a wedding with the leica and a single ultra-fast 50mm. Like By Brett, I like that kind of minimalist approach.

13. ScottJohnson

ScottJohnson SC Rookie

May 4, 2013
    New york
    Scott Johnson
    The link you have provided is showing some error and saying page not found. I'd definitely want to see those pics. Leica is really very much favorite of mine.O googled it out but couldn't find it.