Lens Hood

Discussion in 'Ricoh GR (APS-C) Forum' started by Ricohist, May 15, 2014.

1. Ricohist

Ricohist New to SC

May 15, 2014
    Have recently purchased a Ricoh GR and I really like the camera but this plastic lens hood i really don´t like. Does anyone know if there are a suitable lens hood in metal?
  2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Out of curiosity what don't you like about it? I personally only use the tube bit, as much to improve handling and protect the lens mechanism as for its shading properties. Bear in mind the fit is proprietary and to be honest I would rather have a snap-off plastic tube than a metal one that might wreck the camera too in extremis...
  3. Ricohist

Ricohist New to SC

May 15, 2014
    you're probably right, the fit of the tube to the camera is good but it's not metal. It is the feeling of plastic that annoys me, but I survive it is not the biggest issue in the world. Interesting to remove the lens hood and just run the tube it gets a little smoother and of course a little less plastic.

4. Batist

Batist SC Rookie

May 16, 2014
    Chambéry, Savoy, France
    Baptiste Payen
    You can fit a 49mm filter on the tube as well as the wide angle converter. When I don't have to hide my GR in a pocket, I always use this tube.
  5. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk SC Top Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    There's a lot of different hoods on Ebay for next to no money. Just have to search of those of the correct thread diameter.