1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Lightroom 3 for $199

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by olli, May 10, 2011.

1. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    If you haven't yet discovered Lightroom or have been put of by the $299 price tag the good news is that until the end of May you can buy it direct from Adobe and get $100 off the full price.

Just add it to your cart and then enter promotional code 5LT100M. (via 1001 Noisy Cameras)

Unfortunately the code only works for the North America store but while checking to see if it would work in the UK store I did notice that there are some special offers on Photoshop Elements 9 and Premier Elements 9. Sorry, but I couldn't find anything for our friends in Australia.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thank you, olli! Great opportunity for those who've been indecisive!:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Otto

Otto SC Regular

Jan 3, 2011
    Forney, TX
    If you are a registered Elements user, you can buy LR 3 for $99.99 through May 14. Contact Adobe for more details. I have received mine from Amazon for $99 shipped.

Hope this helps,

• Like Like x 2
  4. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thank you Otto!

5. olli

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Thanks Otto. Any advance on $99?

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I contacted Adobe and here's what the online rep. told me about upgrading from PS Elements 8 to LR 3, "I wish I could give any discount or promotion codes. Unfortunately, we do not have any promotions running now. We are really sorry about that. However you do have the option to upgrade to Adobe Photoshop CS5."

7. Otto

Otto SC Regular

Jan 3, 2011
    Forney, TX
    Olli,

Not sure what you are asking. I believe there is tax and shipping when getting it from Adobe. I received an email from Amazon with the offer since I had recently purchased PSE 9. I paid no tax, or shipping, from Amazon, and the final price was $99.99. Several folks received a similar email offer from Adobe, but if you are a registered Elements user, you can call Adobe for the deal without having to have received the "official" email.

• Like Like x 1
  8. olli

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Thanks Otto. Excuse my confusing comment. I was just wondering if anyone out there had come across even better deals on Lightroom:smile:

9. Otto

Otto SC Regular

Jan 3, 2011
    Forney, TX
    I think the only price I've seen better is from the academic offerings, but I couldn't qualify for those. The difference is only about $10, if my memory is correct.

10. Jaxtivers

Jaxtivers SC Rookie

Jul 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY USA
  11. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Wow! This is a steal at that price!

12. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    :bump: Sounds like a great price to me.

13. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    No matter the cost, it's a great way to work.
    Without LR, I'd still be doing film.

14. Janis

Janis SC Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    Thank you! I just got it for 119.00 at Amazon. Unfortunately it won't come till mid-June by their estimate, but at that price I will wait!

15. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Janis,
    You can download the trial and when you get the delivery, enter the keycode to activate and register.
    That would save you a few weeks.
    Don

16. Janis

Janis SC Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    Thanks, Don, but my trial just expired!