1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lightroom & El Capitan

Discussion in 'Computers' started by christilou, Nov 6, 2015.

1. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I've recently upgraded (reluctantly) to the latest LR 6 offering and yesterday also upgraded my El CapitanOS to the latest edition. Now I find that LR is incredibly slow as to be almost unusable. I read on DPR that someone suggested going back to the older LR edition which works fine. Surely there must be a better way? When I export a file the slider in the top left corner stays lit saying exporting and won't be closed, ditto when I edit a file in Nik or OnOne, the edited file appears as a blank grey file in the bottom window although it exports fine into my xport file on my desk top. Has anyone else managed to get around this or am I missing something simple here?

2. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Hmm, something amiss there. I have the latest LR and El Capitan 10.11.1 and it zips along quite nicely. You could try the old favourite - repairing disk permissions.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  3. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    On contacting Apple support they say that Adobe are aware of the problem and advising people not to update yet! He suggested I try and restore the previous OSX from my Time Machine back up. I'm not really very confident in doing this in case I mess it up so I guess I may have to uninstall LR and find a previous copy.

4. rayvonn

rayvonn SC Veteran

Jan 19, 2015
    I usually keep os x up to date but for some reason I've been hesitant this time. Glad I didn't. Plus Total Finder, one of my top 5 essential apps doesn't work under El Capitan.

• Like Like x 1
  5. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Just uninstalled my LR and re-installed the first version with one update...... grrrrr !