1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lightroom updated for RX100

Discussion in 'Sony RX100 Forum' started by rpphoto, Oct 10, 2012.

1. rpphoto

rpphoto New to SC

Oct 10, 2012
    The newest update to Lightroom now supports the RX100!:))
    Still waiting for Aperture...

Sent from my iPad using Srs Cmpcts

2. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Since there is a recent LR thread I will just pose my question here. So is LR 4 that much better than 3 and really.. is it a RAM hog or have they improved it. Windows 7 64 bit i5 should be fast enough yes? I already get some lag time, tolerable though, with LR3 when processing full sized raw files.

3. Bluebear

Bluebear SC Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    St Albans, Herts, UK
    You should try using DXO, then you'd know about lag time! Enough time to make a nice cup of tea whilst one RAW image is processed. (Great result though). I run LR4 using Windows 7 with 3Gb of RAM and a Celeron processor, and don't find it a problem. Exporting the image to Elements to finish editing takes a while though, but then the RAW files from this little beauty of a camera are pretty big, especially if you export them as TIFFs! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. rpphoto

rpphoto New to SC

Oct 10, 2012
    I'm actually using the newest Aperture for serious deadline work. Surprisingly, it's become light years faster than Lightroom 4 in several areas, especially for imports. It has several portrait tools that are stellar and are not part of Lightroom, plus the UI makes Lightroom look like a clunky monster. I still use Lightroom for color matched jobs since one plugin doesn't work in Aperture.

5. rpphoto

rpphoto New to SC

Oct 10, 2012
    Aperture has been updated a few days ago to work with RX100 RAW files. I like the results at default settings more than I like Lightroom's result, and the import is so much faster (to the time you can view and work-on), cool! I've been photographing art museum events alongside my Canon 5D Mark II, and the results are equal for this kind of use. The skin-color matching tool in Aperture really helps unify the two file types from Sony and Canon, and I have found that the Sony is superior for ambient light photography with a nicer look for candid portraits. The Canon works best with a bounce or diffused flash, and the size of the Canon makes it more difficult to work discreetly when shooting Candids.