Lightroom Users: Help please?

Thanks Gordon - I'll give it a try when I feel brave as I have almost 20,000 images on my hard disk, (I am going through them to "prune" them, but It just takes so long to decide which to keep and which to delete).

20,000. You need to get out with a camera more often. :)

My current personal catalogue has 87,000 images in it. My work catalogue has 275,000 images in it (plus the 2.5K I shot today).

Gordon

20,000. You need to get out with a camera more often. :)

My current personal catalogue has 87,000 images in it. My work catalogue has 275,000 images in it (plus the 2.5K I shot today).

Gordon

Thanks Gordon, again

copied the total LR catalogue from my iMac to a 1TB Toshi Passport external hard drive that I have .......plugged it into my MBP, opened the Catalogue in LR and Voila, speed no problem when "processing" RAW images ..... so, so far it's all good

now what I need to do is maybe upgrade my iMac a little, it has only 4GB of RAM - (must look up how to do this and what to buy), it says that my 15" MBP is Mid 2010 with a 2.4 GHz Intel core i5 and do the same with my iMac.
I need to look at the USB speeds of the iMac and MBP, which it says has Firewire and then buy another external hard drive.

Then figure out my "work flow" - processing images on either/both machines, using only the Catalogue on my external hard drive_1 as "the Catalogue". Then backing this Catalogue up on external hard drive_2 and maybe on my iMac as a 2nd back up.

Back