1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Limited Quantity In Stock at B&H: Sony Alpha A7R

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 13, 2013.

1. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    Finally they are catching up w/ the stocks. Amazon has it also, most of the time from 3rd party sellers... Enjoy your new camera.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Mine is a review camera. Not going to keep it unless I am totally blown away. Ordered it with the Novoflex adapter so I can shoot it with my brother's M mount lenses (Leica 24/1.4, 35/1.4 FLE, 50/1.4 ASPH, 50/0.95 Noctilux). Will do a comparison with the M240 as well.

3. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    He has a nice collection of lenses. I will look forward to see your review and comparisons...

4. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Look forward to the review, Amin!

I am loving my A7 and FE 35mm. I just need to take the time to go out and do some of this photography stuff.

5. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Your brother doesn't have a 21/1.4 (my dream lens that I will never own)?? How embarrassing!

BTW, can you also comment if the rangefinder focusing has improved in anyway on the M240?

Thanks!

6. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Maybe I should pick up an A7r instead of drooling over the DF! A7r is cheaper!

7. dcsang

dcsang SC Rookie

Apr 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Dave
    Amin,

I don't think you'll be disappointed - if you already shelled out the money for the M240 then it's unlikely you'll want to give it up but as someone who put an order in locally for an M240 in April of this year, only to receive a phone call last week that it finally had come in... well... I already had picked up the A7 at that point and there was no turning back. With my legacy Leica glass I was sold. I took a pass on the M240 and will stick with the A7 for doing the shooting digitally with the glass I have.

Cheers,
    Dave

8. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    B&H has now 4% rewards on A7R and Amazon has a few returned ones on sale close to $2100...

9. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    If anyone would like the emotional satisfaction of giving an expensive present to a relative stranger, I'm willing to provide a mailing address. In the Xmas spirit, of course. (Picture a smilie with a Santa cap here.)