1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Lomography Daguerreotype Lens Anyone?

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Biro, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
  2. Dalvorius

Dalvorius New to SC

Mar 31, 2016
    Fergus
    They are doing very well, as I write this they have raised nearly $800K for a $100K goal.

I have bought a few things from Kickstarter, all the good ones go w-a-y past their initial target. It's a very exciting way to get into a new product and helps launch new suppliers. My (nerdy) favourite was the Fibonacci Clock which looks great on my office desk!

The only potential downside is when an idea goes gang-busters and they take a LONG time to fill the orders. Doesn't mean it's not worth backing, but something to be aware of.

3. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    very interesting - I would be interested in having one but would need to buy a camera to use it (unless of course I could use it with film cameras)

4. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Well, it looks like it'll be available in Canon and Nikon mounts at the very least and maybe Fuji X and micro four thirds.

5. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    not pentax k - wonder if a convertor is available for digital nikon or fuji to film pentax K / fuji

6. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    they have sold many of these freaking things that if anyone hasn't signed up for one yet, they should wait until the used market is flooded with them

8. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I'll have to buy a top hat and a pair of brass googles to wear when using it.

• Funny Funny x 1