Long time photographer, serious compact user and lurker on SC

El Guapo

Regular
Hi all,
I've been taking photos since the late 60s, started with an Instamatic.
Like so many I dabbled with a DSLR but it got left home often so I use compacts, serious compacts.
Like many of us, I suffer from GAS. I've been a Leica R4s and MP user in the past.
I've been a long time Ricoh GRD user, I still have the GRD 1 though to current GR.
I've also been a foveon fan and still love the output from my DP2.

I currently tote a GR or DP2m in rotation with a EM-5.
I am a prime guy, my EM-5 options are the Pana 14 / Pana 20 / Olympus 45.
Although I am going to sell the 20mm for a OM 25 f.18 real soon.
This replicates the 21/40/100 that I am used to from my OM4 days in the 80s/90s.

I hope to post some pics and annoy you all with stupid questions and comments soon. ;)
Cheers.

PS: I am enjoying the SC podcasts in my car.
PPS: I really enjoyed Ray Sach's run down on the GR and Nikon A

Tell me ElGuapo.....would you say I have a PLETHORA of serious compacts? ;)

haha, yeah I do. Its a funny film and you got it right, its where the tag El Guapo comes from.
El Guapo has been a bit of in family gag. My eldest brother taunts me with it from time to time!

Tell me Luke, do you know what is a Plethora ?

I'm sorry El Jeffe (spelling?). I don't purport to have your superior intellect. But if you say if you have a plethora..... (that was off the top of my head.......Three Amigos is one of my all-time faves, but I don't like to watch movies over and over again...probably haven't seen it since '92 or so.)

for the benefit of everyone else......
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/tyBUMntP6DI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/tyBUMntP6DI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Thanks for the welcome from a Croweater.
I have more cameras than I need but not as many as I want.
Been many moons since I've been to Newcastle. 1970's I think!

Its a very different place now, and you wouldn't recognise Kooragang Is. All coal and coal loaders. And they got rid of all the figs in Laman Street, above Civic Park... dreadful.

More cameras than you need and not as many as you want? You're definitely in the right place :)

Back