1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Serious Compacts and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.seriouscompacts.com/help/terms

Looking for a Panasonic ZS3

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by dixeyk, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

0   0   0

I'm downsizing. I'm selling off my m.zuiko 40-150 and want to replace that capability. I had a blue ZS3 and loved it (and regret selling it). I'd like a silver one but I'm not particularly picky (except I hate the black ones). Anyone have a low mileage one they aren't using? Alternately, do you know where I could find one? I'm scouring the boards and so far the best I've come up with is $140 shipped for refurbs on eBay (great deal but they're...ACK...black and I've never much cared for the ZS3 in black...I find the shiny black case especially homely).

Suggestions appreciated.

I am selling off my 14-42 and 40-150 so I would also be open to some trade possibilities as well.

2. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Aug 15, 2010
    Are you in the States? I often find Amazon used purchases are relatively safe, though they tend to be a few bucks more than a typically photography site (I've sold quite a bit on Amazon, and you have to mark it up, because you end up eating the shipping and fees).

• Like Like x 1
  3. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

0   0   0

Keh

Yes, I am in Washington State (home of Amazon no less). I have looked there and that is definitely a possibility. I also found a blue one at KEH that is very appealing. I have always had great luck with KEH.

4. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Aug 15, 2010
    I had one for some time. I liked it a lot -- BUT my camera failed. It just stopped focusing correctly. I found some evidence from a couple others on DPR they had the same issue. When I sent it to Panny, they sent me a ZS7 in replacement. Just something to be aware of, I guess. Happy shooting!

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

0   0   0

Isn't the TZ7 the European version of the ZS3? Is there any difference between them?

6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

0   0   0

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    I'm pretty sure they are the same camera just with a different name. The same thing happens with the Panasonic FT1/TS1 and FT2/TS2 - same camera, different name.

7. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

0   0   0

Decided to spend the money on a Panasonic 14-45 for the EPL-1 instead. The ZS3 or ZSwhat-have-you will have to wait for another time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.