LOtus Watching Part I

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by fineshooter, Jul 9, 2013.

1. fineshooter

fineshooter SC Rookie

Apr 23, 2013
    No lotus less than 3m from me, anyhow, I upload what I got, fuzzy though.:frown::mad::redface:

Attached Files:

2. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Sharpness, it was once said, is a bourgeois concept ...

fuzzy or sharp, these have a "leaping" quality that's wonderful, particularly nos. 4 & 6
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Love the 'glow' of the blooms.
  4. They are all quite lovely.
  5. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Very nice indeed! It's difficult to choose a favorite, so I won't! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos of a beautiful flower.
  6. fineshooter

fineshooter SC Rookie

Apr 23, 2013
    Thank you all, you are always so encouraging! nevertheless, I have to say, little offence to this forum though(sorry), fixed lense do have short-comings at shooting lotus if they are far from the bank (West Lake in particular)unless you hire a boat to, but no one want to interfere other shooter's view settings.

And, if the lotus are far, you have to use F11 ( of X100) to keep the sharpness other than F4, which means you never get the chance to focus on any particular beauty there, and you lose the control of the dark shadow in its background unless you repaire via PS. Not to say, if there is a bee or bird flying to them, how can you do with it? :redface::rolleyes: