Loving this lens!

Discussion in 'Sony RX1 Forum' started by oldwino, Apr 20, 2014.

1. oldwino

oldwino SC Rookie

Apr 18, 2014
    Really enjoying my"new" RX1, and the look and feel the combination of this Zeiss lens and FF sensor gives. A real 3D feel.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Lovely shots! By all accounts it's one of the all-time great lenses.
  3. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Wow, love the depth, you are right, it feels very three dimensional
  4. retow

retow SC All-Pro

Jul 24, 2010
    The RX1 sensor - lens combo and the resulting files are unique.
  5. rbelyell

rbelyell SC Top Veteran

May 14, 2013
    NY Mtns
    im loving mine too. i couldnt imagine what would ever motivate me to sell my x100--until i shot the rx1. after several months it continues to amaze me.
  6. retow

retow SC All-Pro

Jul 24, 2010
    It`s probably the best 35mm around.
  7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Yeah, it's pretty wonderful, isn't it? Lens, sensor, the whole package... If they ever released a second one with a built in EVF and just one or two tweaks to the firmware (just give us some ability to choose a minimum shutter speed in auto-ISO, "A" mode instead of defaulting to 1/80 all the time) and I'd have to consider it again. If they did one at more of a 24-28mm focal length, I don't think there's any question I'd buy one and shoot with only that the vast majority of the time.

The current lens is actually a good bit wider than 35mm, despite the 35mm designation. I compared it to various other 35mm and 35mm equivalents and the RX1 is clearly wider. X100, X100s, Nex with Zeiss 24, Fuji 23mm f1.4, Nikon 35mm f2.0 - the RX1 is clearly wider than any of 'em. I read an article with a more technical analysis than I could do that concluded it was more like 32mm, which I can believe. I think that's probably part of why I liked the RX1 as much as I did despite not loving the 35mm focal length all that much generally.