Lurker conversion # 986

Having scanned this forum for a while, and appreciating not only the solid and deep knowledge members have here, but also the fact that discussions are positive and do not degenerate into insult-slinging (well done mods), I have now joined - thanks to all for creating this lively site! I live in central Canada but travel fairly widely, mainly to Australia/New Zealand, Central America and Europe, so photo interests are fairly broad. Did a fair bit of shooting for 3 years with a Lumix LX-3, but at the moment my main tools are my Pentax K-5 (+2 primes and 2 zooms), and I recently added a Leica X2, which I'm enjoying a lot as a carry-everywhere camera (the point of this site). So I seem to have arrived at a spot where I have skipped the M4/3 phenomenon, and at least while I'm fit enough to convince myself that the K-5 is a reasonably light system, I prefer it for most shooting, sometimes with the X2 along too as my wide-angle lens. It has equally fine IQ, gives less lens-changing, and so far I am finding that 35mm is plenty wide for most of the shots I like to take.

Once I figure out posting of pics I will eventually add some to the forlorn X1-X2 thread... meanwhile I am off to Paris for 2 weeks (taking the K5 + 2 lenses) and should have lots of fun in this fabulous city.

Cheers,

I joined for much the same reason: great community. I'm also a member at the mu-43.com which is similarly blessed. Much more diversity of gear over here though which is interesting.

I have an LX7 which I love, as well as various micro four thirds cameras. I sold all my digital 35mm but I still have a ton of film gear because I collect a bit.

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to seeing your shots as you travel.

No only do the moderators to a good job, but it seems most people attracted this this site - and Amin's other sites - simply aren't flamers. What's more, when trolls arrive, they understand pretty quickly that they are not welcome. A lot of us are members of several of Amin's forums. I'm signed up on all of them but participate the most on Serious Compacts and mu-43.com. It's a great community. Also... look at the upper right corner of your screen. Look for the red LP in a box. That will take you to Amin's Leica forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy posting your X2 images there as well. Jump right in!

Back