Lurker conversion # 986

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by CM_SK, Apr 23, 2013.

1. CM_SK

CM_SK SC Regular

Apr 23, 2013
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Having scanned this forum for a while, and appreciating not only the solid and deep knowledge members have here, but also the fact that discussions are positive and do not degenerate into insult-slinging (well done mods), I have now joined - thanks to all for creating this lively site! I live in central Canada but travel fairly widely, mainly to Australia/New Zealand, Central America and Europe, so photo interests are fairly broad. Did a fair bit of shooting for 3 years with a Lumix LX-3, but at the moment my main tools are my Pentax K-5 (+2 primes and 2 zooms), and I recently added a Leica X2, which I'm enjoying a lot as a carry-everywhere camera (the point of this site). So I seem to have arrived at a spot where I have skipped the M4/3 phenomenon, and at least while I'm fit enough to convince myself that the K-5 is a reasonably light system, I prefer it for most shooting, sometimes with the X2 along too as my wide-angle lens. It has equally fine IQ, gives less lens-changing, and so far I am finding that 35mm is plenty wide for most of the shots I like to take.

Once I figure out posting of pics I will eventually add some to the forlorn X1-X2 thread... meanwhile I am off to Paris for 2 weeks (taking the K5 + 2 lenses) and should have lots of fun in this fabulous city.

Cheers,

2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    welcome aboard, Colin. I can't wait to see your photos of Paris!

3. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    I joined for much the same reason: great community. I'm also a member at the mu-43.com which is similarly blessed. Much more diversity of gear over here though which is interesting.

I have an LX7 which I love, as well as various micro four thirds cameras. I sold all my digital 35mm but I still have a ton of film gear because I collect a bit.

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to seeing your shots as you travel.

4. Biro

Biro SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    No only do the moderators to a good job, but it seems most people attracted this this site - and Amin's other sites - simply aren't flamers. What's more, when trolls arrive, they understand pretty quickly that they are not welcome. A lot of us are members of several of Amin's forums. I'm signed up on all of them but participate the most on Serious Compacts and mu-43.com. It's a great community. Also... look at the upper right corner of your screen. Look for the red LP in a box. That will take you to Amin's Leica forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy posting your X2 images there as well. Jump right in!

5. CM_SK

CM_SK SC Regular

Apr 23, 2013
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Thanks Biro and also for pointing out the link to the L-forum; I had missed that. Have posted a few X2 images on this site's X1-2 gallery for starters.

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome Colin.