Lurker from Oz - about time to sign up...

Name
Nick Clark
Hi everyone :) Some will probably recognise the user-name from mu-43.com...

I was a bit of an early adopter with CSC's, starting out with the fantastic GH2 and gradually developing my Micro Four Thirds kit to where it is now with an EM5 and nice collection of primes (plus the 7-14mm and underrated m.ZD 45-150mm).

In the search for something genuinely 'pocketable' I just picked up a Ricoh GR, partly because of the awesome UI and IQ, and partly because it fits in the front pocket of my Hard Yakka stubbies (Australian's will understand). This is something of coming full circle for me, as my first 'serious' camera was a GRD1, although at the time I had no idea how to use it...

Looking forward to sharing here! If the vibe is anything like mu-43 then I'm sure I'll like it :)

I've also taken the opportunity to start an experimental project I've been thinking about. Check it out occasionally if you have the time! Above Me Only Sky: an exploration of place - 365 days with the Ricoh GR

And because everything needs a photo...
11317658075_1c40e57c60_b.jpg

Mt Olympus, Cradle Mt - Lake St Clair NP. EM5 + m.ZD 75mm

Nick, so glad you found your way from across the pond as we sometimes say here. You'll find many folks who are either still active over on Mu43 or who started out there. On the whole we're a pretty civil bunch.:D

Back