Panasonic LX7 for my mom

sprinke

Hello Serious Compacts folks! Some of you might recognize my name from the sister mu-43 forum.

When I stepped up to micro four-thirds, my mother inherited my FZ35, a fine camera which I dearly loved. Last week, my beloved FZ35 was lost/stolen from us at the Happiest Place On Earth :mad:, and my mother tasked me with finding a replacement. My initial thought was the FZ150, but after discussing it with her at length, she decided that it was just too big! She wanted something smaller and more pocketable. She does a lot of (amateur) video, so video quality was important, and she felt that the "superzoom" was not as important. Hmmm, DSLR-ish quality in a simple P&S package. Easy, right? After mucking about with internet research, I decided on the LX7 for her.

The good news is that I will be getting the camera first and spending a few weeks "learning" it for her so I can teach it to her. It should be arriving in the next few days. I'm looking forward to the new toy, albeit temporarily (will have to surrender it at Thanksgiving).

So, hello! nice to meet you. If there is anything you'd like to see from my LX7 tests, post here and I'll try to accommodate it.

I always like all your shots (I've been a fan since your days with that old FZ35), just show us a nice variety. I'd like to see what it can do at "the edge" of the sensor's performance. How does it handle ISO1600 and ISO 3200. Welcome aboard.

I brought an LX7 yesterday for an upcoming overseas trip. I took some test shots in the garden this morning and found it an exciting camera to use. I'm about to upload some photos and start a new post. Look out to see the first photos from my LX7.
Cheers
DUD

My first images with my new LX7

It appears I can't start a new thread yet. So I'm back here to show a few images from my brand new just-out-of-the-box Panasonic LX7. These three images are from my garden taken today. They are jpeg fine images with only minimal tweaking in photoshop elements. I'm impressed, it is just a great small but very intelligent camera. I'm retiring my well loved LX2, and will be travelling with the LX7 from now on. Next week I'm off to Spain, so I'll soon have more images to display. Look at these and feel free to comment.

P1000009.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1000019.jpg

P1000010.jpg

Cheers
DUD

Hi there sprinke,
can you tell me if it is possible to use an add-on filter ( eg; neutral density grad or soft and a circular polarising filter ) on the LX7 using the lens / filter thread and what size it is.

Thanks in appreciation.

Back