1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mac App Store opens on January 6

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by summerkl, Dec 16, 2010.

1. summerkl

summerkl SC Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Kevin
    For the Apple users, here's the confirmed date for the Mac App Store. In particular, I recall that the latest version of iPhoto will be purchaseable separately at $19.99 rather than as part of the larger iLife bundle.

My Apple resistance is crumbling, I have an iPhone (love it), just got the iPad (love it), not much longer before I get a Mac. Once I do, I'm sure I'll be kicking myself for taking so long :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    One of us. One of us.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thanks Kevin, you knew I'd never remember!

My first computer was a Mac SE in that was in about 1981 or so. Can't remember but a friend got a deal for me through her business connections. It was cute little puter.

So you got the iPad, eh? Aha! You've been holding out on me!:biggrin:

4. summerkl

summerkl SC Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Kevin
    Hilarious - "one of us":). The way Apple is growing that chant will apply to Wondows users soon as they become the minority.

I'll let u know my other holdout - I just bought an SLR!! It's the Sony A33 so it's still compactish AND I get In- body stabilization to use with my m42 lenses. I actually pick it up this weekend so I won't have any photos to post for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Kevin, can you please move to the USA so our economic indicators will go up?:wink: Congrats - the evolution of the camera owner continues!:daz: