Apple MacBook with Retina - Helpful for image processing?

Despite popular opinion, screens with full AdobeRGB coverage are more pain than gain, so to speak. Apple's Retina screens have 100% sRGB coverage and that's how it should be.

I would have to agree with this. As much as I personally love having an aRGB gamut monitor I think most people are better off with sRGB. The only reason I keep mine is for printing as I get a better screen/print match to my 3880. A well calibrated sRGB scree in all that most people need.

Gordon

This led me to wondering what the rest of you see ??? Is it outline or do you get the right side filled in?

I see details from all angles but there are definitely areas w/o details (I did not download the photo and looked at full size). I do use a calibrated EIZO 30" CG301W screen for photo editing. Problem of course, is that things may look great on my screen but not on yours and vice versa. So I convert to sRGB and use my ipad to double check if photos look reasonably similar. If I am in a patient mood, I also use multiple browsers and macbook to check

Back