Macro lense for NEX

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by soundfanz, Jan 17, 2012.

1. soundfanz

soundfanz SC Regular

I have a couple of primes now for the Nex 5n, and thought to look for a Macro.
    I came across a Tokina ATX 90/2.5 in an Australian photographers traders mag for $275 and after googling, it appears that it is a legendary lense with a great rep. Anyone used one, and can comment? I think the price I paid was modest going on research I have done. I am wondering (and hoping) that the 5N can do the lense justice.

It may be around 3 weeks until it arrives, as seller is in one city and lense is sitting in another. No problem, I now have to buy an Olympic OM-Nex adapter anyway to utilize the lense.

So... I'll report back. :)

2. Sounds promising, I have a 28-70 Tokina with macro and it seems to work just fine.

3. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    I use a converter thingy with the Canon FD glass which gives pretty good results I think, and a big Vivitar beastie up to 105.
    Which isn't what you asked, but there you go.

4. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    It looks like this
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

5. Toonman

Toonman SC Regular

How do you shoot with that Heather? :)

6. eno789

eno789 SC Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    NoCal, USA
    Brian
    That's an excellent macro lens. Well worth it to get an adapter just for the lens. Post some pictures when you got yours.

7. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    I'm after a macro for my NEX too, I want to get up close and personal with things, can anyone advise me what I should be looking at/for? The adapter I've been using is CanonFD, budget around £60. I could get another adapter if there was a lens worth it. I'm looking for the kind of pics Luke has been sticking up of cowslip/hogweed.

8. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
  9. lattiboy

lattiboy SC Regular

Mar 6, 2011
    I had, and sold, a "bokina" a few months ago. It's a very nice lens, but the Kiron/Lester A. Dine 105mm f/2.8 is better. Doesn't require an adapter for 1:1 and it is sharper. The "bokina" is called that for a reason, lovely bokeh. The Kiron is no slouch though, and the convenience made it the obvious choice for me.

10. IamPain13

IamPain13 SC Rookie

Apr 20, 2012
    this would fit the nex 5n without and adapter?

11. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    No, it does need an adapter to fit to the NEX

12. Ballenxj

Ballenxj SC Regular

Dec 17, 2011
    I like the idea of an M42 adapter. You can find a lot of lenses that are Pentax Screw Mount, including some nice macro lenses. I have an M42 adapter for both my Canon EOS and Sony NEX systems. Haven't tried my Macro Takumar on the Sony yet, but it works great with my Canons. :wink:
    -Bruce