1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Macro on Monarch

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Penfan2010, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    Pleasantly surprised by the macro capability of the X100's 23mm moderate wide---of course, it helps that the images are so sharp that they are still decent when significantly cropped.

DSCF1453.

DSCF1454.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I was surprised many times by the macro abilities of the X100. Wait until you see what you can do with the 35mm and the X-Pro.....I honestly can't imagine needing the macro lens, but maybe that's a whole 'nother realm.

3. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    The 2nd is very very nice.

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I agree with Gary....the first we've all seen a million times (as nice as it is)....the second is quite special.

5. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    Thanks, guys. I was glad I kept shooting even after the butterfly took off and was happy to get this shot.

Luke, we will see--I have to say after I saw the photos above I started thinking of what other pieces of kit to sell to get the 60mm macro!

6. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    The X100 is more surprising as it's getting used for other things than street photography! Awesome Photos :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Ed, wanting the 60mm macro is part of what made me sell....I'm sure it's awesome. But I'm trying to minimize. It doesn't need to be your goal, and I can't wait to see what you do with it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Very nice couple images there. I have also come to the conclusion that the X100 can do macro successfully.

• Like Like x 1