1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Match made on earth

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by snkenai, Jun 18, 2013.

1. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    This combo has made my wife a very happy family photographer. She is the official "photographer", for family get together. We've been on a quest for the perfect combination, of compact, capable, and novice user friendly. Something to carry in the purse, always there and ready for events such as the birth of great niece this week. It was at the ready, and presto the family (that in the rush and drama, forgot to bring a camera) had pictures. Aunt Dollie to the rescue! This small, capable, little picture taker, never disappoints (her). And that makes me very happy. :smile:

And in case you missed the details, Oly 14-42mm IIr on the Pana GF5. Unlikely match. But the Pana 14-42mm is now on my E-p3. Works for us.

[​IMG]

2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    that's a good-looking little pocket rocket.

3. NOOO. An abomination.

Seriously though, nice combo.

4. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    We are seriously "brand loyal", to whatever gets the job done, and "fits" our style and preferences! :biggrin:

5. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    It's funny how many of us use Panasonic lenses on Olympus bodies but not the complementary arrangement. I suspect it's because Oly glass on Panny bodies means no IS. How did I ever do photography in the 20th century?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree. I have the NEX and love it, but recognize there are plenty of other systems.

7. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    So Steve, what are you saying about Stephen's selection above then? :warning:

8. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    My Olympus 9-18mm and 45mm lenses get more use on my GH1 rather than the E-M5. The UWA zoom goes well with the fully articulated screen and the wider formats of the multi-aspect sensor, but I have a tougher time figuring out why I like the 45mm on the Panasonic better.