1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

May Prompts - So How's it Going? - Days 20-31

Discussion in 'Image Quest' started by Luke, May 22, 2012.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    We're in the home stretch..... the final third. Share you joys, triumphs, frustrations and challenges. What's up in your part of the world?

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Well, I just submitted a couple more. I'm down to 4 to go. Will I get them done? Who knows. still a week to go.

3. Jules

Jules SC Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    Bremer Valley, Australia
    Julie-Anne
    I have about 8 to go, but I'm really struggling for ideas on some of them. I knew I shouldn't have left the harder ones til last!

4. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    I have 6 or 7 left, and they're pretty tough. I managed to shoot a bit yesterday, I hope the pics will still look good on a big screen. Will probably post a couple later today.

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Five to go and their not the easy ones. On reflection I should have tackled them earlier as I will be away from the computer for 5 days. Find myself reaching for the GRD III more often than not.

6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Is it permissible to change photographs over? I want to use one I already posted, for a different topic.

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    The only rule is that there are no rules. Go ahead and change one, Sue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    I am finding that I have to get outside my instinct for subject matter. It is not the carefree photography that I love. In other words, it is a chore. I am not complaining. It is stretching my "photography muscles". To actually make an effort to go out and find the prompt. It is I think a very good thing, we are trying. It will make us better photographers on several levels. Not everything I have posted, am I happy with. But to complete another one is satisfying. To be one step closer to completing and not just quiting. Yes I have been tempted, the last few days. Not yet!

• Like Like x 1
  9. kathyh

kathyh SC Top Veteran

Jul 13, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    Kathy
    Put up 4 more this morning but I have lost my list so I don't what I've done and haven't done.

10. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Well, I have failed miserably. I started out with the best of intentions, and in fact I have done quite a bit of photography in May, as my Flickr stream attests - but I found it really hard to shoot to a list. I tried a couple of tricks - going out with the intention of shooting for a single line item seems to have been most successful. I also put the list on a spreadsheet, thence on to Dropbox so that I had it with me at all times, but that wasn't the problem. The problem for me was fitting in amongst "normal everyday life" such a diverse and wide range of subjects. I even tried grouping the ones that were similar, but it really didn't help. I think that I have to be "in the mood" (or if you prefer, "in the zone") to shoot and the sheer diversity of themes defeated me.

11. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Thanks, Luke, done. The mozzie is now my insect submission instead of OOF.

One to go and that will be set up tomorrow. My inspiration for it came from another submission, and once its in, you'll see why.

12. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Bill, the only failure is in not trying. You have been trying all month long......no failure in that. Don't fret about it....you got some great images. And there's still plenty of time left should you feel the urge to keep at it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I've been very glad of my "shopping list" on the iphone. Its made it very easy to keep track.

14. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Updated Photo, of Despair and hopeless, to AVERTED. Calf in doing great, and so is momma. Check him out. :yahoo:

15. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    That is GREAT news Steve..... that photo bummed me out a little this morning. I understand the circle of life and all that jazz, but I always have a hard time with babies dying. So are they hand feeding the baby or did momma learn how to do her job properly?

16. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I'm done. Just flooded the gallery with the rest of my images. Have to go on a business trip tomorrow so had to buckle it up.
    Which forced me to shoot that "In the kitchen" prompt I've been avoiding for three weeks and left me with a weakest image in my set. C'est la vie, as they say:)

It has been quite a ride, scavenging for prompts, attempting to see this through. Equally enjoyed the various takes on the same subjects and the creativity behind numerous interpretations.

To me, apart the kitchen already mentioned, the toughest nut to crack was "High point" which eluded me constantly. Many times I deleted a weak attempt on the subject. The somewhat stronger solution came toward the end, at the traffic light.

Contrary to those, I had "Black" in abundance and several times delegated a shot to other prompt.

And I'm still amazed by strokes of luck I had with some subjects, when wonderful opportunities presented themselves out of nowhere, like "Absence of people", "Insects", "10 P.M." or "Work".
    Interestingly, all those happened while I was most carefree, just strolling around without a firm purpose, open to whatever might happen.

All in all, it was a great experience. A big thanks to Luke for starting all this up (and tending to us all) and equally to everybody that joined!:bravo-009::2thumbs:

• Like Like x 3
  17. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Well done! I have lots of "weak" images in my set, but really, sometimes there is no other option and something is better than nothing, on occasion.

• Like Like x 2
  18. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Momma and baby happily taking care of business on their own!

• Like Like x 3
  19. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I forgot to report in. I'm done: never thought I would get there, much less with days to spare.

20. kathyh

kathyh SC Top Veteran

Jul 13, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    Kathy
    I think I'm out. My computer has developed a major case of go slow. It takes forever to upload an image and trying to look and comment on anybody else's is next to impossible. If I can get the computer working properly again fairly quickly I may reconsider. Well done those who have already finished. I wish I could look at your pictures.