Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Alf, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    I was quite busy as of late, with darkest days and rain adding to it - and quite tired too.
    Available time was put to good use - ie family and young friends we meet about twice a year before they grow up too much to recognize them :smile:

While I am still lost in GAS listening to the voices (NX200&pancakes anyone?), my mind is mostly on the moment where more light is around - and here's a poll for you:

[​IMG] or [​IMG]?

2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    now there's a tricky one... cambodia has a totally different culture than the western one, very exotic and ofcourse has a stunningly different landscape too... but Sicily has always seemed like one of those quirky, misunderstood, underrated corners of Europe that's a perfect mix of all the different influences from the Mediterranean powers over the last centuries or millenia, and has kept some of it alive through its relative isolation...

yup, made up my mind, I'm voting Sicily. Dunno if I still would if I lived in Italy, but I don't:wink:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Cambodia sound exciting and exotic, but I'll play it safe and boring. Sicily.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    cambodia cambodia cambodia
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Sicily for me!

But that's almost just your backyard there ...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Hi Alf,

Very exciting!

You're SO close to Australia with the proposed trip to Cambodia....and I'm sure there's enough members spread around our Great Southern Land to show you a few interesting spots and help you save on accommodation :wink:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. retow

retow SC All-Pro

Jul 24, 2010
    Concerning the Samsung NX200, have a look at A very thorough and interesting review. the NX200 with the pancake lenses, which get good marks in reviews, looks like an impressive jacket pocket size solution.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Ah such choices! Alf, I'm extremely jealous and would like to pack myself away in your steamer trunk.:wink: I voted for Sicily because it's not as humid.:wink: Either destination will hold many adventures, I'm sure.