1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Members list - where is it?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by BBW, Jul 16, 2012.

1. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I'm really embarrassed to say that I can't seem to locate the full membership list anymore. I was trying to track someone down. The only list I can seem to find is comprised of my "friends and contacts"...

Any pointers or did this full list get done away with?

Thanks in advance!

2. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    i can't find it either BB, but you could try using the google "custom search" at the top rhs if you can remember the username or even something they posted about

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Right, I did try but I must not have the person's name/handle just right.

I am thinking that this might be a glitch with some recent updates?

4. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    no idea, I'm Amin will know though.
    It's something I only ever come across by accident & never know how to find!

5. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    I like the folks at SC, but I have to admit, the interface is difficult. Much prefer the m43 forum controls/tools.

6. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    There used to be a list under Community that allowed one to search. I think it's MIA and think it will probably return.

7. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Aw, shucks - but I do thank you, Julien!

8. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    :frown:

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I can't even remember why I disabled this. I think I read somewhere that spammers use it to quickly run down members and spam them with PMs and visitor messages (which has happened) and that the member list also slows down site performance. Those things and the fact that members rarely use it. Does anyone find it to be an important resource? I hardly ever use it.

I just flipped over to Mu-43 and don't have any idea how to find the member list over there :biggrin:.

10. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I liked it because it was an easy way for me to find people that have "gone missing" or whose names or "handles" I've forgotten. Unless I had the foresight to make them a "friend" or "contact" then, it's a matter of luck if the member is not active. I was trying to look up someone whose name I believe is Jorges...but couldn't find him. That's just my most recent attempt.

It seems to be missing on Mu43, too.

11. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    jorgeledesma ?

or jorge the other street photog from la?

12. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Yes, that's the one. Now let's see if I can find him.:wink:

13. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
  14. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Right, I found him. Once you know the name/handle and if the person has posted at all, it's easy enough... It's when one can't remember the exact name. I liked being able to search. Oh well, c'est la vie!:th_salute: