1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Memesagamesing Lake

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Ray Sachs, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I haven't posted many photos lately. I seem to have lost my jones for photography, so I'm mostly shooting when I happen to be somewhere interesting or scenic, rather than just going out and looking for stuff to shoot. We spent most of last week at (and traveling back and forth to) my wife's aunt and uncle's lake house way up in Ontario, Canada, near a little town called Port Loring. Some family shots elsewhere, but here are a few scenic shots and a couple of their adorable little dogs, Riley and Lacey. Riley is the same breed of the dog we lost back in February and he reminds me of her a lot. And Lacey is just way too cute! Really nice place, and a great time...

28240064980_8b61edb150_h. Memesagamesing Lake by Ray, on Flickr

28240068120_138fdac397_h. Memesagamesing Lake by Ray, on Flickr

28240070190_daf9260bde_h. Memesagamesing Lake by Ray, on Flickr

28240060580_10ff63b7a9_h. Memesagamesing Lake by Ray, on Flickr

28240055420_9e8e3bffc1_h. Memesagamesing Lake by Ray, on Flickr

28240052110_824a5c1830_h. Memesagamesing Lake by Ray, on Flickr

28240049280_3d3a1984a5_h. Memesagamesing Lake by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

• Like Like x 8
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    thumbs up from me....northern Wisconsin and Canada are fairly interchangeable if you're looking at lakes.....and I've used scenes like that for my "ideal of beauty" for a very long time. As long as there are not a ton of mosquitos, that is my version of heaven right there. Dogs welcome, of course.

3. Lucille

Lucille SC Veteran

Aug 20, 2012
    Hepcat City
    They are all nice shots but image #4 really caught my eye hepcat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Livnius

Livnius SC Veteran

Jun 3, 2012
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Nice series Ray. That looks like a really great place to spend time with family/friends.
    Some really idyllic images there but #4 just pops off the screen.

5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    Looking at the map as we planned how to get up there, I was sort of surprised at how close it is to Michigan and even Wisconsin - I can imagine it's not all that different based on the latitude... Their place is for sale and I'd almost think about a relocation (depending on November...), but 1 - it's waaaay too cold up there for me in the winter, 2 - its probably more isolated than I'd like full time, and 3 - it's only accessible by boat and there's no electricity except for what you can make with a generator and I'm just not that tough... Oh, and the place isn't insulated... Other than THAT, though ;)

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    I'm glad #4 is getting some love here from Joe and Lucille - it's my favorite of the bunch by a lot but none of the non-photographers who have seen this stuff on Facebook have given it a second look. My wife really likes it too though.

Thanks folks...

-Ray

7. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    That looks like a really wonderful place to spend some time!

8. bluzcity

bluzcity SC Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    Does the prop on the boat have something to keep it from getting entangled in all the vegetation?

9. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    He was able to pull the motor up so the prop was just below the surface. But we had a pretty clear path through the vegetation. I was hanging over the bow checking for rocks, but the plants were no problem...

-Ray

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  10. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Agree on number 4 being a stand-out. Before I read anyone else's comments I stopped on that one and lingered.

11. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I feel the tranquility of the third and of course the doggies behind the screen ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    Very nice images. Like the dogs through the screen!

• Agree Agree x 2