Met a X100 in Portland OR on Saturday

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Susan Sande, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Saturday afternoon my Hubby, our Great Dane and I were enjoying liquid refreshments at an outdoor table when a gentleman asked if he could meet our dog. Sure we said and about that time I noticed the camera hanging around his neck. Is that a ? And before I could finish the gentleman answered Yes a Fujifilm X100. We traded for a little bit, he petted our dog while I got to turn the X100 over in my hands. Wow. I must say the camera is even more beautiful in person, has a nice heft to it and smaller in my hands that I thought it was going to be.

As the man walked away, I thought - hey, wonder if he is on SC??? (too late)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    So what's your hubby think?

3. So Hubby's first reaction was "so, do you want a X100?". Well of course, just to try out for a month like every one else seems to. And it would have to be a month when I was out of town, some place rangefinder worthy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Susan, you don't even have to be outta the house to make photos....

• Like Like x 2
  5. True, but after 26 years in the same house...Though now that I think of it, my best photos this month were of our apple and squash harvest plus an onion. (though I confess, not taken with my compact)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Not only does the X100 feel good -it performs even better than it looks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Agreed!!!