Mid Winter daylight photos from today

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by wolfie, Aug 20, 2011.

1. wolfie

wolfie SC Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Despite being fooled into buying a egregiously over priced camera with an obsolete sensor and crippled with nasty kit lenses, I struggled to come up with some almost tolerable photos today. Please excuse my botannical inexactitudes as I can only recognise two types of vegetation: grass or trees ...:tongue:

A tree that thinks it is spring already

A flower that thinks it is spring

A sparrow that is waiting for spring

A pretty blue flower

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Very nice images and great composition. What camera/lens combo did you use?
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Liking these - please share camera details.
  4. Very nice shooting. Mid-winter, you must be from the lower half of our world. It is mid-summer here.
  5. wolfie

wolfie SC Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Sorry for being so obtuse!

After reading all the hate mail on the DPReview site on the PEN E-P3 review, I thought everyone would realise I had taken the pictures on my E-P3 !:eek:

The two tree shots were with the M.Zuiko 40-150 zoom, both at 150 at about f5.6 and the others on the 14-42. I was especially pleased with the whitish-yellowish flower picture (not a botanist!) as many have said this lens is rather poor at close ups.
    And I discovered the level function, so I'll be saving myself some cropping problems in future from tilting horizons. All shot on RAW file and basically converted to jpeg & resized.
    Thanks for the kind words.
  6. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    plus it's always a pleasure to see the word "egregiously" used
  7. wolfie

wolfie SC Veteran

Sep 19, 2010

Yes, pdh, I love that word too. It should be used more often but not overly so, of course :rolleyes: